Another birthday has simply flown by and the result was me and my candles being blown away by sweet and caring friends and family.
While Justin Bieber was out and about making these dogs seriously concerned and Captain and Tenille stunned me by calling it quits (but what about Muskrat Love??), there were many sweet overtures, gifts and wishes that made their way to me this birthday, but none quite as surprising as this.
Last week I visited my friend Annalise’s blog where she posted the delicious looking cake above. In jest I commented, “Ahem…SOMEBODY has a birthday next week and would really, really love this cake delivered to her door. Just sayin’. Gorgeous.”
Apparently, ask and ye shall receive.
So on my birthday as I arrived home after running errands, I spied my husband carrying a bakery box into the house. Oh that devil! He even got me a cake!
Yeah, maybe not.
To his chagrin, and my astonishment, I discovered the cake was a surprise delivery, at my doorstep per my sarcastic request, by sweet Annalise. I mean really, could anything on my birthday top a heartfelt surprise like that?
Get the recipe for her Chocolate Coffee Layer Cake because believe me, you definitely want a slice of this.
1. I love this video much for so many reasons, for me, for my daughter, for all of us.
2. Another year older, another reason to search for ways to stay—or at least look young,
and this lippie,
and this spackle. Boy, I like the sound of that.
3. I think I need to make this with my Smudge soon. We could be twinsies.
4. I shoot everything on the blog with natural light. But now! This tutorial might change all of that.
5. This week I bought this so I can surprise my Smudge in her school lunches. What a hit she’ll be at the lunch table.
and while I was at it…
6. At the same time I bought this for myself because it’s quick so I’ll actually stick with it. Plus, I’m such a sucker for good design.
7. Kind of think I need these.
8. This is a great reminder: Do you take photos for yourself or just because they’re Pin worthy?
10. THIS makes me want to hostess a party. Or maybe just add some fun to my living room. Or dance around in the dark. It doesn’t take much…
11. And, what will be the cronut of 2014?
12. What a great idea! (and good looking too.)
13. How much do I want to try this cocktail? It could be the best of all worlds.
14. To vaccinate your kids or not? I know it’s a heated topic, but for me, there isn’t even a question.
15. 10 do’s and don’ts to build your Pinterest following (I am a HUGE proponent of #3)
16. Now you can do GIFs on Pinterest. Look how fun! And those cookies are damn good too.
17. This video: Easy ways to organize your closet. Now, if only I had all of those shoes!
18. Words to share by: Breaking all the rules of social media. “Relentlessly filter what you share with your audience. Reduce the noise. That’s how you stand out in a sea of sameness online.”
19. Plus I’m wishing a very happy birthday week to my fellow birthday girl blogging Aquarians…
To Milisa, who knows how to be the life of the birthday party with her Pineapple Margaritas.
20. And lastly, I’d like to say this to all of you…
Until next post…have a grand weekend.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox