Roasting is beyond easy and worth the 30 seconds of prep. Take a handful or two of cherry tomatoes, a few cloves of garlic (still in their papery jackets) sprinkle with a smattering of olive oil, add some fresh herbs, give ‘em a shake of salt and pepper, pop them in the toaster oven for 15 minutes and wala, you have a superpower-infused, jammy sweetness at your fingertips.
But even better than me using this technique on super sweet summer tomatoes is when I pull this trick on dead of winter tomatoes. You know the ones. The tomatoes who left their taste at the door. Well now you have the secret. Roast them and have sweet ‘maters all year round. Don’t forget to line your baking sheet with foil for super easy clean up duties.
I gave you a version of the recipe for these babies earlier this week , but they’re so good they deserve repeating.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or oregano
- Drizzle olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- On a small sheet pan topped with foil, add tomatoes and garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper and toss to coat. Sprinkle with thyme or oregano sprigs and roast in oven for 15 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
I’m headed to Tucson, AZ for the weekend to celebrate my mama’s 70th birthday young and lots of girl bonding time. Enjoy my Friday Faves and catch ya’ll next week!
1. I’m obsessed with the color orange so naturally this is a favorite time of year for me. Say hello to October and everything you can imagine that features pumpkin thanks to Kelsey’s Pumpkinmania Pinterest board.
2. Fall eats get me craving comfort food and I’m not the only one. Two of my fellow Utah bloggers created two new sites just for me. Okay, and for you. Check out a collection of food blogger’s slow cooking recipes curated by Kalyn while Barbara demystifies cooking with a pressure cooker.
4. Time to start planning the holiday parties! It’s all about the type design for me, which is why I am loving these paperless Kate Spade invitations.
5. There are several websites I visit over and over and over and now I don’t need to launch a web browser to get to them. Check out this free app that creates a desktop icon for your favorite websites, your blog, your facebook or twitter account…
7. After seeing Sarah’s new office I want to redecorate, NOW! How bad do I want that DIY gold glitter pencil holder? Bad.
8. There are a few bloggers out there that I follow, er, um stalk, because they aren’t just great content providers but they know their bizness. Lindsey is one of them, and she recently shared with me another organization app that keeps her clients, and herself in line and on task.
9. Ice cream sandwich iPhone case. Need I say more?
10. Thanks Julia for my favorite Twitter quote of the week: “The only vegetables that look even mildly edible are either wrapped in bacon, fried, or baked in a cake. #pregnancy”
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox