The turkey has been carved, the last bits of gravy have been slurped up with a soft white roll and the last few pieces of pie have been doled out to departing family as the last memories of yet another thankful Thanksgiving.
Now let’s get to the good stuff: Christmas cookies!
While this recipe for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies may not scream holidays, it is a really taaaaaasty cookie and should absolutely be relished thanks to its super dunking abilities. But if you’re looking for peppermint, coconut or biscotti I have the recipes for you.
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter, and sugars until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix to combine.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together and slowly add to butter mixture until just combined. Add peanut butter chips and chocolate chips and gently combine with fingers. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet topped with parchment paper. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes or until cookies begin to brown on edges but still soft in center. Remove from oven and let cool.
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you’ve seen a few teases of a new ebook I’ve created with Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod. Oh yes it is time my friend for more sugar, chocolate and cookie dunking!
On Monday, November 26th, our NEW cookie ebook will go on sale, Holiday Cookie Cravings. Maria has created 10 brand new, never before published holiday cookie recipes that we’ve packaged in a gorgeous ebook with full-color photos in an easy to read format. And you’ll see on Monday a super fun bonus a very talented contributor added to the festive flair.
Since we’re launching our ebook on Cyber Monday, we’re giving you a super special, one day only discount on both Holiday Cookie Cravings AND the original Cookie Cravings ebook, both available for individual sale or as a super discounted combo. This deeply discounted price will be available for one day only and on Tuesday will go back to the regular price.
You can get the entire Cookie Cravings package plus Holiday Cookie Cravings for less than a latte, and give you, your friends and family pleasure that will create cookie memories for many holidays to come.
The sale will be on CYBER MONDAY ONLY so make sure to come back then for all of the purchasing details and to get a copy for yourself and friends!
Next week I’ll be speaking at the Mixed Conference in Virginia, if you’re going to be there leave a comment or shoot me a tweet so we can say hi.
And as soon as I get back, it’s full on HOLIDAY with the launch of the FoodieCrush Holiday issue! I can’t wait to share all of its deliciousness and food blogger’s stories with you.
Until then, I hope you’ll have fun with a few Friday Faves.
1. Keeping in my theme of peanut butter and chocolate, these brownies bring me to my knees as does all of Karen’s lush photography.
2. Some of us have them, some of us want them. Either way, I love the details Victoria pulls together to feature the boys in her Man Behind the Blog series.
3. The holidays will soon be filled with DIY homemade treats, here’s Marisa’s roundup to prettify your food in jars.
4. I’m loving Courtney’s e-mail delivered advent calendar delivering daily reminders of what’s truly most important during the holidays. And hopefully keep me sane.
5. My favorite tweet of the week: “There’s nothing better than the deliciously nutty aroma of brown butter dancing around the house. Am I right, or am I right?” via @karanTSG
Subscribe and have every FoodieCrush post delivered straight to your e-mail inbox